Blessed with an exceptionally sweet voice, his vocation in life was clear right from the age of 3. Born in 1969, Sanjeev started learning Hindustani Classical Music from the tender age of eight. He has been groomed by his mother Dr. Shobha Abhyankar, Pandit Pimpalkhare ji and Padmavibhushan Pandit Jasraj ji. Though his aim had been to pursue a career in music since childhood, he has acquired a bachelor's Degree in Commerce.
Sanjeev rendered his first stage performance in Mumbai , at the age of 11. Since then, he has travelled extensively all over the country, performing in all the prestigious conferences and art circles, several times. He has spread the fragrance of Indian Classical music in U.S.A., Canada, Australia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. He has a distinction of performing in over 200 different cities till date. Sanjeev's award winning performance in 'Godmother' as also his impassioned rendition of Marathi Abhangs, Bhavgeets and Hindi - Sanskrit Bhajans reflect his easy grace and versatility.
By adding his own classical compositions, he has contributed to the already existing vast repertoire of Mewati Gharana compositions (Bandishes).
Besides performing in all the prestigious art circles throughout the country, he has performed in well known conferences such as:
- Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Samaroh, Swar Jhankar Festival, Swar Bhaskar Mahotsav, Vasantotsav, Surel Sabha, Pune Festival etc in Pune
- Baba Harvallabh Samaroh - Jalandhar, Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh
- ITC Sammelan, Doverlane Music Conference, Uttarpara Sangeet Chakra, Indo Oxidental Festival in Kolkata
- Vishnu Digambar Paluskar Jayanti Samaroh, Ustad Amir Khan Samaroh and Gunidas Festival in New Delhi
- Swami Haridas Sammelan - Vrindavan, Lucknow Mahotsav, Ganga Mahotsav, Budhva Mahotsav and The Maha Kumbh Mela Festival in Uttar Pradesh
- Maihar's Ustad Allauddin Khan Samaroh, Bhopal's Ustad Amir Khan Samaroh and Bharat Bhavan, Indore's Sanghi Samaroh, Mandu Festival, Ujjain's Mahakal Mahotsav in Madhya Pradesh
- The prestigious Radio Sangeet Sammelans in various cities like Raipur, Cuttak etc.
- Spirit of Unity Concerts for National Integration in various cities like Puttaparthy, Srikakulam, Rajmundari, Delhi etc.
- The Concerts organised by Sangeet Natak Academy and ICCR.
- Events organised by the prestigious organisations of Mumbai like the Pancham Nishad, Banyan Tree, N.C.P.A, Nehru Centre, Hridayesh Arts, M.T.D.C etc.
- Saptak Conference - Ahmedabad, Master Dinanath Sangeet Mahotsav and Kala Academy- Goa
- The Indian Fine Arts Society, Krishna Gana Sabha, Bharat Utsav, The Hindu Fest etc at Chennai
- Hindustani Kalakar Mandali, Ram Seva Mandali, Bhoomija Festival, Ubhaykar Smruti Festival and many other important festivals of Bangalore
- Kalidas Samaroh - Nagpur, Elephanta Festival Mumbai, Pandit Motiram Sangeet Samaroh - Hyderabad